Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I decided to take the plunge into HDTV programming. I currently have the 18x24 dish with the build-in multiswitch. I have 2 LNBs running into my basement, and connected directly to 2 receivers. I am planning on purchasing an HDTV ready TV along with a HDTV receiver (haven't figured out which one), which will be the 3rd TV / Receiver in my house. This is what I am planning to do:

1. Purchase the SAT-C kit for my dish to receive Showtime-HD and possibly future HD stations. Since I have the newer type dish with the build-in multiswitch, all I would need to do is plug it in. No additional wiring required.

2. Run the 2 additional wires from my dish into my basement.

3. Purchase a attic or roof antenna, and run the wires into the basement.

4. Connect the wire from the dish and the antenna into a diplexer, and run the output to the TV. I probably will run 2 wires, since I want to get a Tivo type unit around Christmas time. From what I read, you need 2 wires to be able to watch TV while recording a separate program.

Does this sound correct, or do I need to do something else? Does anyone have some recommendations on the type of antenna I need? From looking at the color chart at antennaweb.org, I would need something that handles yellow only, since all the DT stations can be received that way. Could I use the same signal and route it to my RCA 430 (el cheapo) receiver, and get rid of my locals from DirectTV?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pat

·
Registered
255 Posts
Pat,

You sound like you are on track. I am not sure where yellow lies on antenna.org but if it is close many people prefer teh Zenith Silver Sensor antenna for OTA. You can pick it up at CC or similiar for about $40.

If your 430 receiver has an antenna input or cable input then you should have no problems using the coax with a diplexor and getting your locals there as well.

Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.