AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All times are EST.

Friday

HBO

Pavement – Lauren Holly, Robert Patrick

8pm

Discovery HD

Setting Sail: Sons of Sinbad

8:30pm

WB

Reba

9pm

NBC

The Tonight Show w/Jay Leno – Jennifer Garner, Prince

11:30pm

Saturday

CBS

NCAA College Basketball

Florida @ Maryland

2pm

HBO

Saturday Night Movie Premier

Ocean’s Eleven – George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, etc.

8pm

CBS

The District

9pm

PBS

Jessye Norman: A Holiday Homecoming

9pm

CBS

The Agency

10pm

HDNet

NHL Hockey

Pittsburgh Penguins @ Los Angeles Kings

10:30pm

Sunday

HDNet

NHL Hockey

Carolina Hurricanes @ Minnesota Wild

6pm

Discovery HD

Vanished Canyon

8pm

NBC

American Dreams

8pm

CBS

Becker

8pm

CBS

Yes Dear

8:30pm

ABC

Alias

9pm

ABC

The Practice

10pm

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Ken, It's good to see the Canadians carrying the game on Saturday ;)

Thanks for the list!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Man E
Ken, It's good to see the Canadians carrying the game on Saturday ;)

Thanks for the list!
Oops.

Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Did you leave out that on Saturday ABC is airing Armagedon in HD? (or perhaps you don't like the movie and don't consider it a "highlight"?)

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Ken, thanks for the list! One possible correction, though: tonight's broadcast of Law & Order: Criminal Intent is a rerun of the sixth episode from last season ("The Extra Man"). Since NBC hasn't broadcast other pre-HDTV episodes of L&O in high definition, I don't think tonight's rebroadcast will be shown in HD either--especially since NBC's online schedule doesn't show it as being broadcast in HD.

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by TMBUTCH
Did you leave out that on Saturday ABC is airing Armagedon in HD? (or perhaps you don't like the movie and don't consider it a "highlight"?)
Armagedon is fine, but it's been on ABC before (twice?), so I didn't consider it a highlight.

I tried to capture the stuff that was premiering, live or making a relatively new appearance.

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gammans
Ken, thanks for the list! One possible correction, though: tonight's broadcast of Law & Order: Criminal Intent....
Got it. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Thanks Ken. There is one classic on SHO Saturday night at 9 pm pacific, midnight eastern. It is "The Silence of the Lambs". I don't know if it has been on before. "The Others" is also on 4 hours earlier, but it is an upconvert. I'm having a family over, so I'll be watching "Shrek" on tape and skipping "Silence of the Lambs" this time.

--Darin

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Here's one you missed: a new episode of Tracks Ahead on PBS on Sunday, 5 p.m. ET.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Thanks for that heads up dneily. I like that show.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Highlights folks, says so right in the thread title.

Ken didn't tag this as "Complete HD Schedule for 12/13-14-15/02."

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Comments were expected, as one man's highlights are another's dregs.

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by dneily
Here's one you missed: a new episode of Tracks Ahead on PBS on Sunday, 5 p.m. ET.
Indeed.

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by darinp
Thanks Ken. There is one classic on SHO Saturday night at 9 pm pacific, midnight eastern. It is "The Silence of the Lambs". I don't know if it has been on before. "The Others" is also on 4 hours earlier, but it is an upconvert. I'm having a family over, so I'll be watching "Shrek" on tape and skipping "Silence of the Lambs" this time.
I don't know, after the 430th time, any programs loses some of it's luster. Familiarity breeds contempt.

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Missed this one:

CBS

Sunday Night Movie

The Man Who Saved Christmas - Jason Alexander, Ed Asner

9pm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.