Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'll be moving to the Easton area in August, specifically Palmer township. What are my options for receiving HDTV in this area?

Are there any cable providers in that area that are ahead of the times and offer HDTV via cable?

And if OTA is the only way to go, what will I need? I was hoping just to put an antenna in the attic, +/- an amplifier.

What stations are easily available (nbc, cbs, abc, pbs, fox)?

Right now I have a Sony HD-100 with a bowtie antenna on top of the entertainment center, and I receive all channels available no problem.

Sorry for so many questions, and thanks much!

Gabe

·
Registered
181 Posts
Gabe,

As I recall from earlier posts from other people in your area, depending on your elevation, you may be in luck. If you're deep in the valley, it could be tough.

All the big four Philly stations are all on the air, and KYW (CBS) should be easiest to receive. You might need a decent antenna on the roof, however.

The PBS station in Allentown has gone digital, but doesn't do HDTV. There's an indy in Allentown (WFMZ, Ch. 69) that also has it's digital up, but they don't do any HDTV.

Do a search and you'll get the names of members in your area- they'll be able to give you more specific info about your OTA chances, as well as the current cable situation.

Good luck,

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.