AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have got and Access DTV card that works good (most of the time) for watching and recording my HDTV shows.. Using the knowledge gained on this forum I have started archiving some of the shows using dvhstool to sort through the files, HDTVtoMPEG2 to convert, and elecard or WMP9 to view.. The only issue I have is that full screen on the mpeg file is no longer full screen as it was displayed in ADTV originally. The mpeg fits the screen width wise but has the letterbox bars top and bottom and there is also some residuals in the extreme parts no matter the resolution..

My question: is there a way to make the mpeg use the entire real estate on the screen? Am I missing a setting on HDTVtoMPEG2 or my viewer?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
In DVHS-Tool go to the D-VHS menu and choose "Settings" on the panel that comes up, disable "Force Aspect Ratio Correction"

Not sure what "residuals" are but the above will make the letterboxing goes away in exchange for distorting the aspect ratio (assuming your display is 4:3).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I am only using DVHSTool to rename the files. I am using HDTVtoMPEG2 to convert and I am watching the video via Elecard or WMP9.. The monitor is an NEC 42" Plasma.. Is there no way to get Elecard or WMP9 to use the whole screen during an MPEG playback? Like I said I have played with the resolution but it doesnt seem to change anything when I go fullscreen on the player software...

THanks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.