AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw on dbsforum that the 148 sattelite has hdtv!!!

------------------

Brian

·
Registered
31 Posts
Saw the same thing. Timely for me, because I am about to install the dish for my new 6000. I can see either satellite, but there are a variety of tradeoffs in terms of ease of installation. Does anyone know if the HD programming is identical on both satellites? Seems like I read here that 148 would not have the demo loop and PPV, for example. Thanks.

·
Registered
294 Posts
BrianB,

I noticed that you live in Buckley - No wonder you want HD on 148! I haven't been there in a while (about 6 years) but when I lived there there were A LOT of trees!

Even in Vancouver my view of 61.5 is pretty iffey. Now I can buy my 6000 in confidence!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Karl,

Yes it's about the same. The trees are great and the ones in front of my house frame Mt Rainier, but when it came to 61.5, only a chain saw would have helped.

xsailor,

I too was hoping for the demo channel, the costco in puyallup has it going and it looks great. Oh well, I guess were lucky to have hdtv at 148 at all.

------------------

Brian

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone know if they are going to have the demo loop on 148? I currently have 61.5, but was going to switch to 148 (my wife wants the 61.5 dish removed from the front of the house). I have used this demo channel on numerous occasions to show guests HDTV. You can never count on anything good being on HBO or SHO! SJ

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
On the Technical Forum last week they stated that the Demo Channel would not be on 148. In Southern California I could get either but I am sticking with 61.5 for that reason.

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.