AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what other channels are coming to DirecTV? Are the baseball playoffs / World Series going to be available? Super Bowl next January?

Comcast now offers HD on cable, but it is not compatible w/ my DirecTV receiver meaning I will have to add yet another component to my system. This is something I am not yet will to do. Can anyone tell me why Comcast needs to use their box to receive cable HD programs?

I know there are mulitple questions, but I didn't want to take up too much space...

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Baseball Playoffs = Doubtful, but still a remote chance that ESPN-HD will carry a couple of games

World Series = None, since this is on broadcast TV

Super Bowl = None, broadcast TV

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,766 Posts
Read the HDTV Programming Synopsis. None of the over-the-air networks in HDTV are available on DirecTV.

As for the hardware, DirecTV & cable HDTV use different technology. For obvious reasons, neither will make a box that would let a customer use the other service.

Why would a cableco distribute a STB that could receive DirecTV, or why would DirecTV make a STB that could receive cable HDTV? They wouldn't.

Not to mention DirecTV owns their technology and would not license it to anyone except partners under their direct control. No pun intended.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.