AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dish Network has one satellite transmitting HDTV. Problem is it only has 3 channels. Does anyone know if they have plans to ever carry network programming in HD off this satellite. I have great difficulty getting a UHF signal from Seattle due to trees and whether problems. It sure would be nice to have it come from overhead.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Dish offers CBS-HD in select markets that CBS owns and operates in. Call Dish and find out if you qualify.:cool:

·
Premium Member
12,972 Posts
Bill- DishNetwork has two satellites that offer HDTV programming. You may be better located for the 148 bird while us on the east coast look at 61.5. You may qualify for CBS-HD from LA which is uplinked to the 148 bird. You will need both the Dish500 and a single second dish to connect to your Dish6000 to get these channels.

The count of HD channels on DishNetwork is:

1. HD Demo loop channel

2. HBO HD

3. Showtime HD

4. CBS HD

5. PPV HD

I'm not sure if all these or some of these are on the 148 bird as well.

Qualification for CBS-HD is tricky on DishNetwork and will involve some patients on your part. I just qualified to get it here and it took 8 weeks of phone calling and paperwork to make it happen. Even then I only got the waiver due to a fluke in our local situation with CBS. There was a two week window to get the waiver and I went for it. If you are in a poor signal area for CBS you may qualify easier than I did.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Quote:

The count of HD channels on DishNetwork is:

1. HD Demo loop channel

2. HBO HD

3. Showtime HD

4. CBS HD

5. PPV HD

I'm not sure if all these or some of these are on the 148 bird as well.

[/b]

All of the above are available on the 148 bird except the Demo loop. It has not been duplicated on the 148 bird. Unfortunate, as it is the best looking thing on TV!

Also the CBSHD feed on the 148 satellite is the LA station, where the CBSHD feed on 61.5 is NYC.

Steve

·
Registered
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HiHoStevo

All of the above are available on the 148 bird except the Demo loop. It has not been duplicated on the 148 bird. Unfortunate, as it is the best looking thing on TV!

Also the CBSHD feed on the 148 satellite is the LA station, where the CBSHD feed on 61.5 is NYC.
Yeah - I unfortunately found this out this evening -- finally "moved" to get CBS-HD, but since I'm pointing at 61.5 I can only get the NYC feed... now to decide if I want LA CBS or the Demo loop...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.