AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know or has heard, if Plus Piano projecter is going to be coming out with a new projecter that supports HDTV??

I know the HE-3100 does not support HDTV.

Please help. I like the Piano but the HDTV thing really concerns me.

Scott

· Registered
1,195 Posts
Hi,

these are still only rumors. PLUS themselves are hesitant to confirm this. However, you can feed an HDTV signal into a Piano by using an HTPC equipped with an HDTV card and a DVI-D graphics card.

HTH

Christoph

· Registered
1,195 Posts
Hi,

this is the only thing that can be confirmed, i.e. the price will be significantly higher than the Piano, meaning in the 6k neighborhood

Regards

Christoph

· Registered
1,195 Posts
scottrob02,

there is no confirmation that there will be a new projector this early let alone actual specifications or the like. The Piano is still a very nice projector for the budget oriented home cinema fan. You don't really need a new one yet ;)

Regards

Christoph

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
clehner

Haven't bought one yet. Still doing construction on basement. Just wondering if I should wait on a new Piano or go buy the HE-3100. My luck I would buy it and soon after they will come out with a new one.

:D

· Registered
4,369 Posts
This post came full circle; the only way you can answer your question is to determine whether HDTV is important to you. You implied it was; the Piano will not do it (it won't even take the signal--I don't consider the DVI port an option). I've seen this projector: it's good with DVD's (has an excellent scaler), but just isn't very bright.

· Registered
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mkaye
The rumour is that for ~CDN$500 they will upgrade the current PJ to HD when it is available in the fall. If true, then a really good move for current owners.
I heard something along those lines as well, but without the guesstimate on the price.

I have a hunch that it's nothing more than a module that will accept RGBHV or component and convert it to DVI-D or something similar. I cannot imagine them changing out the guts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.