AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Xbox 360 coming out in a few short months, I was thinking of getting a nice 720p projector, either the BenQ 7700 Or Optima H77. Will the Quality, even though the projector being much bigger (around 90-100 inches), look much better than my normal 42' tube? Or do you recommend me getting a 720p HDTV around the same price of those two projectors? Light control would not be a problem as this would be set up in my basement. I will also use the 360 for viewing DVDs and should be getting a HDTV tuner somewhat soon. Which would you prefer, HDTV or Projection?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
It would be hard to since a projector can be HD :)

HD or not, you'll find that most people that go PJ never go back. 42" would kill me. ;)

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Either of the projectors you have selected will give an amazing picture with a 720 console or HD.

I have a 720P projector and 1080i looks great, not quite as great as my 1080i tv, but certainly worth the very sacrifice in resoloution to have a 92" diagonal screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI Guys,

Excuse the noobieness of my question.

Have been reading on various sites that certain rear projection tv's there is a slight delay or lag between controller input and representation on the screen!

I am planning on getting a Projector and Large screen for gaming(Xbox360). Also

be playing it on Xbox Live, so If theres a slight delay of any kind while gaming online could be a problem.

For those of you who game on video projectors, have you guys experienced any problems that I have mentioned above!

Tnx in Advance.

Muzzaroony

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
For progressive games no, for interlaced games someone mentioned that there is a 4 frame delay to deinterlace. Only noticeable if you love fighting games. In Tekken, Yoshimitsu has the fastest move since #3 with his b+1+4 yoshi flash, which just happens to be 4 frames. ;)

But as for most games, nothing is noticed. And most Xbox games are 480p compatible anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.