AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hooked a OTA (CM4248 w/preamp)to my SAT-HD100 and Walla!!! I am receiving from Mount Wilson Ch.2,4,5,7,9,11,13,22& PBS all with 80` 90` units of signal strength, the only issue that I have is that PBS even when signal is locked @ 88 units signal drops very often specially on fast motion video, I know that I am lucky to get any of this DTV channels here in Camarillo so I am not that disappointed with PBS but the HD demo looks amazing when is on !!!Text

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations! I live in north Camarillo and look forward to your further reports. What decoder are you using? Display? Is you antenna attic mounted?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ken:

I am using the Sony SAT-HD100 w/Sony 36XBR400, the antenna is mounted over the roof with a antenna rotor because DTV signals are very sensitive so you need to pin point the antenna right on to Wilson, if you need the antenna,rotor, or the pre-amp call Pace electronics in chatsworth ca. (next to simi valley) and ask for edgar tell him that Ruben send you, It seems that I am the only fool that loves HDTV in Camarillo all my neighbors make fun of my antenna, I explain HDTV and they do not understand, they think antennas are "retro" but I know they do not know what they are missing !!Are you in to HDTV?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You bet! I have a new home theater setup with a Pioneer Elite 610. All I need is a way to get DTV signals to it. I have procastrinated because I was hoping for a favourable report like yours. Now I am thinking of a Dish 6000 and an attic antenna. I am not allowed to have an exposed antenna such as you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You bet! I have a new home theater setup with a Pioneer Elite 610. All I need is a way to get DTV signals to it. I have procastrinated because I was hoping for a favourable report like yours. Now I am thinking of a Dish 6000 and an attic antenna. I am not allowed to have an exposed antenna such as you have.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ken,

While I'm in the same situation as you vis a vis outdoor antennae, I just wanted to make sure you knew that it is illegal for anyone to forbid you from putting up an antenna up to 14 feet over your roofline.

There is a special law passed that explicitly give you the permission except when safety or historical preservation of a site is involved.

(For me, the politics of the HOA kept me from fighting the battle to how them this fact.)

[This message has been edited by jeffster (edited 05-29-2001).]

·
Registered
152 Posts
Textf>

It's not exactly a law; it's an FCC ruling. No local ordinance can prevent the mounting of either a rooftop OTA antenna or a satellite dish.

I live in Westlake Village, closer in but still 61 miles from Mt. Wilson, and pick up 2,4,5,7, 11 (sometimes), and PBS in DTV.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congratulations guys -

I have had successful HDTV in nearby Somis for over a year. I have my ancient Radio Shack antenna and rotor about 6' above my roofline. I get all the local channels and DirecTV with high signal strength. I don't post that often, so you can email me if I can be of help: [email protected]

HDTV Gear:

RCA DTC100

Sony 61HS10

Inline 3582 Video Switcher (for switching component video between HDTV and DVD)

Cheers,

Seth

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Location, Location, Location

No Go in TO!

Eric, Let me know when your neighbor puts his house up for sale.

------------------

Ken Elliott

[This message has been edited by kelliot (edited 06-06-2001).]

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ken,

Fortunately I'm on top of a hill. I found the anntennaweb web pointing site to be quiet accurate in predicting my ability to receive channels. When I checked our previous address in Agoura Hills, the site indicated I'd be able to receive nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.