AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large VHF-UHF rooftop ant. It is hooked up to 3 tv's in my home via coax rg-59 with 2 loops, 2 splitters.

I have a radio shack 10db amp hooked up before going to any tv's. I get exelent VHF-UHF reception.

Will this have any affect on my HDTV signal to my RCA DTC100

and can I use 1 input from my ant to the dtc 100 or do I need a splitter to split VHF-UHF to the 2 ant inputs of the

DTC 100?

Any help would be great,

Thanks, Jackipp

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Jackipp,

If you get ghost-free, snow-free UHF reception now then you should do fine on the OTA HD stuff.

Are all of your OTA stations UHF or do you have any VHF ones? Actually, it really doesn't matter with the RCA DTC box, because both inputs do UHF/VHF. So 1 input will do the job.

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Be advised that some local affiliates are not operating their DTV antennas at their maximum radiation level. This may cause reception difficulties in some areas that will be alleviated as more DTV viewers come online and the transmitters are cranked up all the way. I have this situation in the Detroit area and have deployed excessive measures to counter the effect. My over-sized analog OTA reception gear was not able to afford reception in these conditions.

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

Please visit The Manny Page!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.