AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am completely new to all this. My wife and I bought an LCD HDTV recently, then I bought a HD video capture card to record programs. The card I bought is the MyHD MDP 130 by Micro Image technology. I am having a few issues. I have comcast basic cable but I am still receiving several local HD channels. My issue is this, I tested the recording capability out last night... the analog looks really bad (better quality with a VCR) and the HDTV show I tried to record ("Heroes") didn't record. It recorded WETA instead. In reviewing the channel listings it said that both WETA and NBC 4 (here in the DC area) are on the same channel (digital) but different subchannels, D-112-1, 112-2, 112-4, 112-5, etc. I specifically selected the correct subchannel and even watched the show through the card..... but it didn't record it. Can anyone explain or help with both the HD recording issue as well as the analog recording quality? Also would the card still work if I upgrade to digital cable or get Verizon Fios?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Banned
892 Posts
I might be wrong here, but I think it records the whole channel... All the subchannels at once. So you have to pick which of the subchannels to watch during playback.

You may be able to use hdtvtompeg2 software to extract out just the subchannel you want to keep.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
You can grab a copy of TSReader lite and see if it actually recorded all subchannels - and if it did, you can use the same program to extract only the subchannel you need.

And if it didn't then I'm not sure as I don't have that card.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.