AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea where to put this question so........
I can see these static white lines when waching a movie, but i cant see it from the seating position. i have to go up close and veiw it from an angle.could it be my HDMI cable's?(monoprice) or maby the receiver? but dont all recievers pass 1080p video straite trough with out any interference? i dont know what it is.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh come on nobody has an answer for me? i thought this was avs forum?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Well if you want an answer you have to ask a coherent question. What model is your tv? What do you have connected that is causing the problem? Do the lines appear on all inputs? What receiver? Did you plug the HDMI directly into the tv and get the same problem?

More info will generate an answer.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just did a test where i unpluged the HDMI from my receiver and pluged it straite to the TV, and to my surprise the white static lines were gone.

so why is the receiver causing this? there supposed to pass the picture trough untouched am i right? i have a onkyo 705.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I thought it was the receiver. You'd have to research over at the receiver thread. In my experience, I have the best results plugging the HDMI or component video cables directly into the tv and then sending the sound directly from each of my connected things, directly into the receiver either with an optical or digital coax cable. I don't run any video thru my receiver.

Some very high end receivers do a good job of HDMI running thru them for both video and sound, some others don't. Just check the forum for receivers and see what the deal is with yours.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=90

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts