AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HDTV PIP with the MYHD card. I have not tried it yet but the theory is sound. Here is how it might work.

1. Connect the output of your HD receiver (VGA or component to VGA transcode) to the pass through on the MYHD card.

2. Connect your HD card to any VGA ( or transcode to component) in on your HD monitor or Projector/Plasma display. Now you should be able to resize the MyHD window that will be overlayed on to you receivers picture and completely visible in full mode.

I just got my card at my office and can't wait to try it when I get home. If someone already has this card and would like to try this configuration before me I would enjoy the feedback.

If it works this could be a new 3 monitor configuration.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble but this will not work.

The passthrough passes full screen content from any VGA source. When you display HD on MyHD, it will make it full screen. When you display passthrough on MyHD it will display it full screen.

I'm guessing that what you are trying to do is use an overlay to display MyHD content. Unfortunately, an overlay only works with a graphics card's video memory across the AGP or PCI bus. In your scenario, you are not using any graphics card so no overlay can be used or seen.

In order to do PIP, one would need MyHD to have a second VGA/component in and do the PIP itself. Or you would need a graphics card that could take a VGA/component source and display that fullscreen while doing overlay with MyHD or some other HDTV card. Currently no such solution exits.

-- John

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I have mine setup just like you describe.. Not to do anything as cool as PiP, but it still provides a useful function, VGA switching.

I have a DTC-100 for DirecTV reception, including HDNet, HBO-HD, and SHO-HD. The output of my DTC-100 goes into the pass-through of the MyHD Card. The MyHD output goes to my Sampo HD Monitor.

So, the HD button on the MyHD remote allows me to switch to DirecTV without getting my lazy butt off the couch.

I still have to switch back to the computer VGA out when I need to schedule a recording, or mess with the saved files. But, I am hoping the future versions of the MyHD software allow all the config and management functions via the HD overlay.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks TJI, for the input. This is how I will configure my setup. I have the DirecTV Panasonic and the Sony HT11 projector which gives me two vga inputs. I can use one input for myHD + Panasonic and the other one for my HTPC. I also have a vga switcher that I use with my HTPC and XBOX (being up converted with a DEUCE HD processor).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.