·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking for test recordings of HDTV MPEG programs

in our research lab. We are located in Europe so we do not have

access to HDTV material but we have Panasonic 50" displays

and our decoding machine based on Win XP Dual Athlon is able

to decode 6 standard DTV programs simulataneously.

Could anybody provide test examples for download?

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Why not contact the ATSC for test samples. There are a few public domian pieces such as the shuttle launch. Or get in touch with Mark Cuban at HDNET. He is very pro HDTV and might be able to give you some test footage.

The problem with most stuff is that it is copyrighted and even test use is a violation. If someone would bootleg a few clips from a HiPix, I don't think anybody would mind but it is a copyright violation so be very careful with public demonstrations of what ever you are building.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I know that copyright is a problem but we are not going

to make any public presentations.

I wonder why somebody would not take HDTV camera, makes some shootings and puts them for free use. Do camera manufacturers prohibit this?

Anyway, I contacted the person you mentioned and I am waiting for

answer

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by irkuck
I wonder why somebody would not take HDTV camera, makes some shootings and puts them for free use. Do camera manufacturers prohibit this?
There are plenty of independant camera owners/producers that do just that. And you can always hire one to shoot specific things you want. It's expensive and then you need to pay to have the raw material compressed down to what ever you need - ATSC rates?

No, there is no law against shooting public scenes and selling or making the footage "freeware". Some areas do require a permit for professional crews but a single guy with an HD camera is typically not bound by these rules.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Glimmie

There are plenty of independant camera owners/producers that do just that. And you can always hire one to shoot specific things you want. It's expensive and then you need to pay to have the raw material compressed down to what ever you need - ATSC rates?
But how to find guys willing to to some shooting for free:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.