Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I picked up this television set at Audio King used. Basically it a 36 inch television (I believe it's CRT, it's NOT rear projection) and it's a 4x3 shape (not widescreen).

They told me it was a HD-TV, and gave me a free HD-DirecTV satellite system with it.

So I got the HD-DirecTV satellite all hooked up, and everything but the HD works great. The problem is on the HD channels (the HBO and then the PPV) don't work. The tv has two modes that appear to be for high resolutions, they are called VGA1 and VGA2. When we turn it to that channel while on a HD channel, the image is extremely squished a lot! We just can't get HD to work. We've had trouble getting techs to come out, so I figured I'd try you guys.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Your Proscan sounds similar to my RCA MS36100 (same company). On mine there are two inputs VGA1 and VGA2. The VGA1 is primarily for Computer connections, the VGA2 is for the HDTV input (I use the DTC100 set top box). If you have a compatible HD Satelite receiver, you should not need to change any settings on the VGA2 input. If you use the VGA1 input there are settings you need to check. Do you have the Proscan user manual? If not try to get one on the Internet, or mess around with the TV menu until you figure it out. Are you sure you have a HD satelite dish and receiver? A regular satelite box and dish won't get you HD from DirecTV. You need the eliptical dual LNB dish and the appropriate box. (The DTC100 is going cheap now, at Best Buy.) Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.