AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching the PBS HDTV demo loop via G20 and Nokia 445X PRO CRT monitor at the same time. I find it interesting that the images appear to be virtually identical. The picture quality is amazing on both. The only difference I notice is some artifacts via the D-ILA that appear related to deinterlacing. I got in on the AVS Vigatec power buy and am anxious to see how well it processes HDTV to 1024P. I understand that it may eliminate these types of HDTV artifacts.

If HDTV gets any better then this I may have a permanent addiction. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

Forget 480P.....I gotta have 1080I or P.

Frank

· Registered
2,926 Posts
Please explain the 1080i artifacts thatyou are seeing. How often are you seeing them?

Thx,

Cameron

------------------

-- Well I have really blown my budget now. --

· Registered
6,092 Posts
No offense to your quality G20, but the contrast ratio of a CRT monitor smokes a d-ila or other DLP or LCD.

Now the CRT has phospur decay and other issues. But suffice it to say: a direct view quality image on a 10'+ screen would make me happier than a clam.

I think I might have to see your G20 some time because I find it hard to believe that a direct view looks "identical" or "nearly identical" to a G20.

plenty of strengths and weaknesses for both but hardly the same.

My two cents.

-Mr. Wigggles

------------------

The Mothership is now boarding.

[This message has been edited by MrWigggles (edited 05-13-2001).]

· Registered
835 Posts
Depends on what you're watching as well, if it's a bright high contrast image (like most sports programs) a D-ILA would definitely make a good showing. Pity you can't get a 10' image with a direct view CRT, on the other hand that would be a really, really big box, you're need at crane to lift it into your house...

Regards,

Kam Fung

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.