Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am fairly new to the HDTV subject. However i spend the last couple of days looking for a straight answer to some basic questions (including searches on google and this great forum). Since I finally made the step and got myself a 42"HD plasma I am eager to experience HD content (DVD of course is fabolous already).

1. For Oahu (Honolulu-Waikiki area), what is the best option to receive HD content (either dish or cable)?

2. Is it worth the extra bucks for a handful of programs (compared to the mainland choices)?

3. What channels are currently boradcasted in HD by provider.

Overall I did not hear/read too many good things about Oceanic and their crappy service when it comes to HD (Decoder not up-to-date, no DVI/HDMI out).

And the satelite companies, at least their websites are not very specific when it comes to Hawaii.

:eek: My apologies if I overlooked any past postings that answer my questions. The only detailed postings I could find where rather old (03 and 04) and i assume there has to be some progress since then.

Thanks a lot for any comments.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Check over in the HDTV local reception forum for a Hawiian thread. You'll likely find more HI folks over there that will know exactly how to answer your questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.