AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to switch from cable TV to Direct TV. What are the choices for HDTV receivers? I have a Pioneer Elite 710 RPTV.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
RCA DTC 100

Hughes E86

Toshiba DST-3000

Sony HD100

Panasonic (don't know the model)

Mitsubishi HD-400

Coming soon Zenith

I believe the RCA and Sony are compatible with your HDTV. Not sure about the Panasonic.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,620 Posts
Remember that the Toshiba, Hughes & Mitusbishi, and don't forget the Phillips, are all the same unit under the skin.

So as of today, you have 4 choices for HDTV DirecTV. The ones above, Sony & Panasonic & RCA.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comprehensice responses. Is there anywhere I can read about the advantages or disadvantages of each? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
use the search feature at the top to see reviews that other members have posted. Just use the brand name or model number.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Some (including me) have experienced Lip Synch problems with the Sony.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Jim Christian

DAMMIT QUIT SPAMMING. In forums all over this site and even other sites you always say "ask below"

This is not helpful. The hs10 yahoo group is not that great, and most of the time the answers are not easily found. I could understand if you gave an answer then said check out this group where i found it but jeese.

I can probably count 20 messages i have seen from in the past 5 days similar to this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.