AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**************.com has had some of the lowest priced ATSC receivers I have seen online so I thought others may be interested in some of their current prices.

1) They have dropped the price of the Hughes HIRDE86 (same as Mitsubishi and Toshiba) to $498. They also sell the RCA DTC100 for $448. Activation is required for both of these.

2) The Samsung T-150 was removed from their web site but they have 12 in stock at $529 (not including the $100 rebate) if you call and ask for them.

I have never used **************.com so I can't recommend them, but others have had good luck with them. Incidentally, Video Only had been selling the Toshiba for $450, but last week they said they no longer will ship them.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
ATTN: JohnnyG

Even with v1.63/v1.70 my Sansung has some video hang/ audio stutter whoes. I would suspect/hope that Samsung is going to addrress these issues before shipping anymore units. Look for documented problems elsewhere in this forum.

These are not just convenience flaws in my opinion. They are flaws that affect the merchantability of the product. Plus Samsung expected you the consumer to buy cables and upload software to fix the problem when what they should have done was issued a UPS call tag for every unit sold and left a shiny brand new unit with v1.80 or what ever a your door step.

Bruce

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi ya folks,

I bought my dtc-100 and dish from them a year ago. It was an easy painless process.

Thanks,

Errol

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I ordered the DTC-100, RCA VGA to Componant switch and an eliptical dish from them. I must say it was the most horrible internet shopping experience that I have ever had. I have purchased nearly 10K of electronics over the internet.

First off, they told me that ALL of the items were in stock and would be shipped that day. Didn't happen. When I inquired about my order after 7 days they then told me that it would be two weeks or more. Two weeks later I then got a partial shipment. Of course, i couldn't use any of the shipped items without all three for HDTV. The CS people didn't have a clue about what was going on. They charged my account before anything was shipped. I finally told them to go stick it after 3 weeks.

I am sure that your luck will be better than mine. I know I will never purchase anything from that company again.

Good luck

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bought a Panasonic TU-HDS20 from them along with an RCA oval dish two weeks ago.

I ordered on Sunday, got a response on Monday from UPS with tracking information and received it on Tuesday in Wisconsin (I think they are somewhere in Illinois).

Both boxes were factory sealed and placed twogether separated with that heavy air pocket stuff in a very large (about 30" x 24" X 20") sturdy outer box.

They would be the first I'd try for future purchases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.