AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me which of the new HDTV sat receivers come with a RF remote? I currently have a Sony A55 sat receiver w/ an RF Remote which I really like, since I have the A55 controlling two TV's in different rooms. The RF remote works great from anywhere in the house.

Now I would like to do the same thing with an HDTV sat receiver. I kinda was leaning towards the Toshiba DST3000 since I have a Toshiba TN61X81 and could get the $200 rebate, but I don't think it has an RF remote. Any help/suggestions? - Thanks

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Rick,

The Mits. SR-HD400 is nice because it comes with two remotes - 1 IR and 1 combo IR/RF. Both are universal remotes that can be programmed to operate different tvs. I keep the second remote in my upstairs bedroom and control the downstairs receiver from there.

-Craig

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have Direct TV (and cable), so the Dish 6000 not an option.

Any chance I could use the RF from my Sony A55 to control the DST3000?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sony HD100 includes remote that can be switched from IR to RF. Also operates Sony TV/DVD/VCR only in IR mode. Small buttons

------------------

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
But if it is like my A50, in terms of remote control, It will only do one at any time. You than have the option of either being IR or RF.

Unlike my Mits box, I can do both at the same time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I ended up getting the Toshiba DST3000 which unfortunately does not come with a RF Remote, though it does have a input jack in the back which is labeled RF Remote. The manual says "The RF REMOTE jack is provided for future accessory use". I tried plugging in the RF Antenna from my Sony A55, but the jack is a different size.

It weird that the Mits. SR-HD400, the clone of the DST3000 comes with an RF Remote. I wonder if it's compatible with the Toshiba's jack? I also wonder when Toshiba will provide their "future accessory"?

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
The Hughes has and RF remote and before I sent the DST back I tried it and it worked on the DST. These babies are identical except for the faceplate.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cmcjo:
But if it is like my A50, in terms of remote control, It will only do one at any time. You than have the option of either being IR or RF.

Unlike my Mits box, I can do both at the same time.
Actually your Sony remote will do both RF and IR at the same time. Can't remember the key sequence to activate it, but it does work. The only drawback is that if the receiver loses power, the you have to reset it to accept both IR and RF. If you need info on how to do this, search on www.remotecentral.com

------------------

Steve

Visit our dedicated home theater, The City Cinema.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.