AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I was reading in another forum about the ability to purchase the Samsung SIR-T150 for a reasonable price. I will go for it, IF I can get CBS and ABC in HDTV.

I live in New Haven, CT. I tried calling CBS and ABC, but got the run around. Any CT residents know if HDTV will be receivable from my area? I am about 1 mile from the coast, located in Whooster Square, which is on the other side of State St and therefore, not between or next to tall buildings.

I am on the second floor and could put an antenna in the attic.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You should be able to get WTNH (ABC) without much problem.

WFSB (CBS) comes from the Avon area and their transmitter is not at full power. You might have trouble getting that one until sometime next year when they have a new tower.

George

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crap. :mad: CSI is what I most want to watch. And of course, WFSB won't grant waivers.

Anyone here from New Haven that has HDTV?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Bear in mind that WTNH-DT is VHF, channel 10. Most digital signals are UHF, probably including WFSB although I don't know that for sure, so you may need two antennas, VHF and UHF. That's my situation, anyway, and since my VHF antenna isn't up yet, I haven't seen any of the ABC shows in HD. I'm close enough to NYC to get WCBS, and CSI is great in HD. I don't know if you're close enough to the Avon transmitter to get decent signal strength from WFSB.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I left a voice mail with the engineer and hopefully he will call back. If I am too far, then I am going to ask for a waiver for DISH's CBS feed.

My landlord is softening his view on Satellite, so I may be in luck and have the ability to do DISH. Finally. :cool:

UPDATE: WFSB called back and let me know there was no way the signal would reach me. :( And, Mr. Jody Judge from Meredith Corp (the corporate *******s behind the scenes) will not grant a waiver for anyone in CT, no matter what. His number is 515-284-3125. I am calling him today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.