AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, can anyone tell me who has a good selection, Sony ,Mits,etc with competitive pricing? Thanks in advance...AL...00PROWLER...

·
Registered
76 Posts
for the reciever: RCA DTC-100, Hughes e-86, Zenith 1080, Sony ( cant remember the model) all have reasonable prices. I have the DTC-100 built in on my RCA P61310 WS HDTV and it hasnt given me any problems. Different people have had different things to say about all of the above. As for the dish, if u have DirecTv u can call them and upgrade to the elliptical dish and even get the sat c kit all for just shipping and handling (if u get a CSR that knows waht he is doing). That is how i got my dish and sat c kit, it just cost me 8.95 s&h because i agreed to a 1 yr commitment for the dish ( if u dont want to do that then u can pay the $49 + s&h for the dish i believe) Hope this helps alittle

·
Registered
76 Posts
i forgot to add that the dishes themselves, if u were to buy them at a store cost around 130 and up from what i have seen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In regards to DirecTV upgrading your dish it will be a very painfull experience. I made at least 6 calls over 4 days and got a different answer each time. Bottom line is they have no program for upgrading to HDTV. The do have a program if you have an eliptical dish and need the Sat C kit which is $49 + shipping or sign up for the $85 per month plan for a year and get it for free + shipping. They other plan they have for upgrading from a small dish to a eliptical dish is if your zip code shows that you cannot get local channels. That plan is $49 + shipping or sign up for the $85 per month plan for a year and get it for free + shipping. If you are eligible you would be paying them $98+ shipping. I was not in one of those lucky zip codes so I was not able to get the eliptical dish. That is after my 6th call and 2 hours with the last rep. I was willing to sign up for HBO & Showtime or the $85 package and after 2 hours I gave up. No such luck on getting the eliptical dish out of them even if I signed up for the highest package.

I was also concerned that the dish would be reconditioned. They replace a new defective RCA reciever with a reconditioned unit. Not happy about that either.

Went to Best Buy where I bought the Hughes hdtv receiver and got the dish and extra Sat kit plus install. Dish $150, Sat Kit $35, install $99.

Not a very happy camper!

Cheers,

Francesca

·
Registered
76 Posts
Francesca,

I'm sorry u had such a problem with ur upgrade with DirecTv. For me it just took 30 min. to get the elliptical dish and sat c kit. they didnt ask for zipcode or anything. The CSR just asked if i had a HD reciever and i told him yes and i got everything for 8.95 S&H (thats the dish and sat c kit

·
Registered
90 Posts
i tried for 5 days trying to get a dish upgrade from them, but to no avail..

ive been a loyal customer for 4.5 years and i cant even get a simple upgrade that the're giving some people, and they know i'm gonna being pay more each month.

i think its totally bull****.

they kept saying, "if you were a first time customer"..."if you never had programming with us before".."we'd give you this brand new eliptical dish with the sat c kit"...

but since we already suckered you in, too bad.

i dont think that's right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.