AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi is there anyone out there who is recording HDTV broadcasts on DVHS? I believe this is the only format that can currently record HDTV programs at its native resolution. If Yes, will they be able to record some stuff for me in HDTV. I live in the UK and we do not have any HDTV broadcasts, however I happen to own the Sony 10HT Projector, and I have been informed that HDTV on this projector is awesome. Ideally I would like to experience this first hand, and I am willing to purchase a D-VHS player to facilitate this. Is anyone familiar with the JVC DR1000 player and is this player capable of playing back and recording HDTV programmes? Assuming my assumptions are valid, is there anyone out there who could do me this favour. I am willing to purchase the D-VHS tapes and pay for the postage costs. Also there seems to be some talk of some HDTV movies being released on D VHS. Does anyone have any update on this.

As Blue laser DVD is still quite a few years off, and PC based solutions are a comprise wrt to portability and archiving, it seems like DVHS is currently the only realistic option for viewing HDTV programming in none HDTV broadcast areas.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
You should post this in the HDTV Recording forum.

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.