AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just happened to be flipping through this morning and came across a discussion on high definition television and broadcasts on channel 56-03. Boy are people uninformed about this medium. Most people who called had no clue. One gentlemen called and said he even though he had spent the money on the set, he refused to connect with an antenna because he had cable and he felt like they should provide him HD content. He did say he had been warned by his salesperson that he would need satellite or OTA when he bought the set, but he wasn't budging off his stance that cable owed him HD service. We have a huge uphill battle to fight on this one!

·
Registered
269 Posts
IMHO cable *DOES* owe him WTVF-DT service.

But if he's going to hold his breath waiting for it to happen I guess we'd better start digging his grave...

BTW I suspect what you ran across may be a rerun. I stumbled across the first few seconds of a similar discussion the other day, but I got called away & couldn't watch the whole thing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they were discussing channel 5's new digital broadcasts so it couldn't be that old!

·
Registered
936 Posts
What part of the country did this take place in? Along with the question a request.. please put your home city/state in your profile.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the forum took place in Nashville,TN on the CBS local's channel 5+

·
Registered
936 Posts
The guy that bought HD and refuses to do anything until cable puts out HD is hilarious. Takes all kinds I guess. Anyway, just out of curiousity, what cable company has the Nashville area? If its Time Warner or Comcast, the twit might have a chance. Reminds of a saying my mother used.. "cut off your nose to spite your face".

Curt: Thanks for the location.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.