AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDTV Set Top Box Inputs - Install Questions

143 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mweppner 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I have an installer coming this Wednesday to hook me up. I'm very excited about it. I am getting the Sony HD100. I know - I have read some complaints here. But I have also read some good reviews as well, so I'm taking a chance with the Sony.

When installing my various inputs (I will have DirecTv, OTA Antenna, and Cable), should I run all 3 through the HD100? And if so, how does this work exactly? If I change to channel 4, will it grab channel 4 from cable, DTV, or OTA? Is there a way for me to tell it which I want to watch?

I was thinking for simplicity's sake, that I would leave the cable going directly into the TV on a separate input, and have the STB be used for DirecTv and OTA.

Any thoughts or opinions or recommendations?

Thank you for your time!!

-Marc

See less See more
#2 ·
I can't speak for the Sony since I own the DST-3000. At first I ran OTA into "Ant 1" and diplexed Sat. & Cable to "Sat In". Cable looked absolutely horrible so I decided to run it straight to the back of the TV and it looked much better. Maybe the Sony will do a better job with it. The Tosh's program guide is very flexible. You can have Channel 4 Analog from OTA, Channel 4 Analog from Cable, Channel 4 Digital from OTA, Channel 4 Digital from Sat., etc. It justs displays them like that. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.