AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had a HDTV box installed at my house. I am wondering if it is wise to replace the wires the cable company used with say: Monster Component Cables???

I assume the cable company wont use the highest quality cables, but will Monster cables make a difference with high-def??

Can the cable company wires be that bad????

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
recruitman:

Although I strongly recommend a DVI connection between your cable box and your DLP if possible, cables do make a difference. I would DEFINITELY recommend replacing the cables that the cable co installed if you are going to stay with component. However, I'm not sure you need to go too "high-end" with your cables either. This is a very contentious subject here and elsewhere, but I do believe that the quality of the wiring and shielding in cables can make a significant difference in PQ. At the same time, however, I believe that "quality" is worth the money only up to a certain point - there are a lot of "snake oil" cables out there for a lot of money that will not make an improvement in your PQ that either you or I would be able to see. Paying $100 for a set of component cables is approaching that point...

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
The quality of your picture will also depend on how long the cable is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.