AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SINCE THE WORLD TRADE CENTER ANTENNA COLLAPSE - IS CBS STILL TRANSMITTING AN "OVER THE AIR" HDTV SIMULCAST SIGNAL IN NEW YORK CITY? I HAD A NEW UHF TYPE ROOF ANTENNA + ROTATOR PROFESSIONALLY INSTALLED AFTER THE COLLAPSE AND CAN'T USE A DISH HERE. I ONLY CAN GET A FOX HDTV SIGNAL AND THAT IS ONLY IN 480p!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Six engineers lost their lives while manning transmitters in the WTC.

Even the A/V world was damaged when the WTC fell last week. New York was left with out Network TV, except for an ironic twist, WCBS-DT was on the air alone on the Empire State Building. Only those with Digital Televisions were able to reliably receive all the vital local information. The rest of Manhattan was at the mercy of cable and their fine infrastructure.

CBS-DT is still the most reliable signal in town. In the true American spirit CBS has offered to multi-cast all of the competing networks standard definition signals on to their, sole remaining, DT transmitter. New York City, the friendliest city in the nation.

------------------

Jim Burns
www.dtvconsultants.com

·
Registered
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Burns:
New York was left with out Network TV, except for an ironic twist, WCBS-DT was on the air alone on the Empire State Building.
WCBS also has an analog transmitter at the Empire State Building. Channel 2 has been on the air from there since September 11.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I do not live there, but from what I read in Broadcasting it took them 6 hours to get the back up and running consistently.

------------------

Jim Burns
www.dtvconsultants.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.