AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I presently own a Sony T-60 directtv receiver and will be getting a HDTV stb at some point. I am leaning towards the zenith 520 or the samsung t160. I presently have a dual oval dish with the four outputs to the house.

Do I need to get a HDTV STB like the samsung that has all outputs on and connect from the HDTV stb to the t60 tivo unit or do I need to just connect two feeds into the T-60 and the other two feeds into the HDTV stb? I have a mitsubishi 65807 monitor so the DVI connections are not important to me. The mitsubishi promise module is over twice the cost and from what I can see, the only benefit is the firewire. I am not interested in D-VHS recording although time shifting to a firewire harddrive would be interesting but is not supported by any system from what I can tell.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Your DirecTiVo SAT-T60 can only accept inputs directly from an LNB or a multiswitch. The SAT-T60 S-video output should be connected to an S-video input on your new HDTV (or your A/V receiver if you are using it to switch video and audio together).

Your new HD STB must also be connected directly to the multiswitch. So, if these are your only STBs, you need a total of 3 RG-6 coax feeds directly from your multiswitch to your equipment location, 2 for the SAT-T60 and one for the new HD STB. You will use component or RGB connections from the output of your STB to the input of your HDTV (or, possibly through your A/V receiver if it supports component video and you use it).

The SAT-T60 cannot record any HD programs whether from DirecTV satellite or your OTA antenna or from cable TV if you have it. The SAT-T60 can ONLY record non-HD channels (SD, 480i) from the satellite.

Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.