AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this might be a dumb question but here goes. I have been reading here in some threads that I may get a better SD picture by hooking up the S-video cable instead of the component video. I have a Panasonic TU-HDS20 STB with an Hitachi 57 in. HDTV with the component cable connected to Input 1 on he TV, I tried to connect the S-video cable and audio cable to Input 3 on the TV. I get audio & video on Input 1 (Component) but I only get audio on Input 3. could anyone help me in what I'm doing wrong and can I have 2 inputs from 1 STB. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
HD can only be carried on the component video. Using composite or s-video you will only get a downconverted 480i SD signal. Just use component.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Huh? He said he wanted an SD picture.....

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
The TUHDS20 will output 480i, 480p, 720p or 1080i on the component jacks. But not simultaneously. Also, this box will not simultaneously output 480i on the video/S-video jacks when the box is set to 720p or 1080i. That's probably why br0nxb0y got video, but no audio. The output has to be changed using the front panel buttons on the STB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.