Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help,

I have a Sony XBR Projection TV with only one input for HD and want to connect three (so far) sources. The problem is both that they use a different about of cable input

RBG hd+vd(5) and YPbPr(3) which I have to switch a mode on the TV for the different sources.

Panasonic RP-91 (YPbPr) 3

DTC-100 (RBG-Hd+Vd) 5

Xbox (YPbPr) 3 (no Confirmed)

Does anyone have any Idea's

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Seeing as how 2 out of the 3 sources are Component and your TV will handle Component...then the best thing to do is buy a Transcoder that will change the RGB/VGA of the DTC100 into Component.

You can buy one of these Transcoders at www.audioauthority.com and I also believe that RCA sells one. They are less than $150.

Once all three sources are Component you can switch them using a Component switcher.

Do a search in this forum on "Component Switchers." There have been some recent posts from people who have discovered good units that are reasonably priced.

Lee

·
Registered
957 Posts
A Audio Authority transcoder is available in the classified section for $75. Also you can then purchase a Extron SW 2,4 or 6 AR on a web auction service. (Ebay, wink,wink). The total package less cables would be under $200.

------------------

RJW

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Converter you are talking about is a model 9A60 converter Correct?

also is there any quality differences?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Yes the 9A60 is the AA model. The RCA VHDC would work also. Price is probably the main difference between the two.

------------------

RJW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.