35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have ripped by DVHSTool a Bikini Destinations tape

on my hard disk.

Now I am using Sonic Cineplayer + Elecard demux

for playing them. It works but my PC often crash

(Abit BE7, P4, 2.4GHz, 256ram333, Adaptec 160, IBM SCSI 10k rpm,

ATI 7500 w/ Cat2.4, Midiman Delta DiO, WinXP PE SP1).

Is there a better solution for playing .ts files by software?

Is there any hardware limit?

Thanks

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
DVHStool is now my preferred software playback system. With the WinDVD4 filters it may play back in realtime on your system.

Your CPU, RAM, DISK are all fast enough.

I am not positive about your VGA card. If you can't get realtime playback you might need to get a faster VGA (like Radeon 9500)...

Look in the DVHStool topic about VGA "fast writes" mode.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
linomatz,

Try the DVHSTool 2.1beta2 release. It supports software playback with the Sonic decoders.

--Rick

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"DVHStool is now my preferred software playback system. With the WinDVD4 filters it may play back in realtime on your system."

PVR,

Do you get a full video image on 1080i? 720p is perfect but 1080i has a large white bar on the right side for me.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Forgive me for being uninformed, but can .ts files be played on a computer that does not have an HD tuner? If so, what software would be needed?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
XFactor, you can use Zoom Player and build a custom mediagraph for TS files using the Elecard demuxer. You need a graphics card and video decoder that supports hardware assisted MPEG2 decode such as a Radeon.

File Source -> Elecard demux -> Cyberlink PowerDVD 4 Video -> OverlayMixer2 -> Video Renderer

-----------------------------> MoonLight Odio Dekoda -> Default WaveOut Device

The Ravisent video decoder from the ATI 7.6 player also works. From what I've read here, it looks like WinDVD 4's video filter also works.

I can post some actual graph files later.

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
Yes, Cliff I see full 1080p on my 1920x1200 desktop.

I sometimes get a small white bar on the bottom of the image, but I attribute that to the fact that some streams are flagged as 1088i, and others 1080i. (The same thing happens with HiPix playback in 1360x768p mode).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PVR, ricka,

thank you, but I cannot find VGA "fast writes" mode

in my Abit BE7 ... I will try again

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
PVR, I get the same white bar at the bottom with DS decoders ATI4.1 in Win98, PowerDVD 4 in XP and ATI7.6 in XP. It seems the white bar is always there when using a hardware assisted DS decoder. It does not appear when using other decoders without hardware assist on the same source material. It also does not appear when using the WinDVD player app which isn't DS based.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I think the white bar on the bottom is actually grey and for me it varies with source material. Some shows have it and some don't. For me, NBC and HBO HD have it, while CBS and ABC don't. Wierd.

Linomatz,

You can also set fast writes to enabled using Powerstrip.

--Rick

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Rick,

I get the bar with 1080i material being displayed as 1088i (mostly movies). I don't get the bar with 1088i material (mostly video stuff)

You should be able to control pixel cropping in the decoder and crop the bottom 8 pixels in those situations where the signal is 1080i instead of 1088i.

Leszek

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.