AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, im new around here so sorry if ive posted this in the wrong thread or it has already been posted before (but i doubt it).

Anyways i am building an HDPC for a relative next week with a bluray player, i was wondering if their is an HDTV tuner (internal or external) that could record HD programming but also have a tv out. this is so that i could record the tv show but the HD signal Passes thru the tuner and on the the HDTV.

Also is it possible to split the RF cable comming from a Dish network HDbox (with DVR) so that i could by-pass the tv tuner (one RF cable goes to the HDTV TUNER and the other one to the tv).

And one more question, can an HD box be capable of dual output so that the HDMI goes to the tv directly and the RF cable out goes to the TV tuner?

Thanks!

-ReXz

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
1. It appears that you could just put a splitter on your TV signal source connction and send on side to the TV and the other to the HDTV tuner card.

2. An HDTV tuner card can not process the encryptred signals from a Dish dish.

3. There is no reason that a splitter from the SD 480i RF output could not be split and sent to an analog tuner and to your TV.

4. Some HD STBs can support two outputs simultanously as you desire. You would have to check with Dish or start a new thread asking that specific question for the DISH PVR model number you have.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Before the HD box. However, as I stated if your HD TV source is satellite then your TV tuner will not process it. It needs to be antenna or cable.

If you split after the HD box you all of your HD programs will be down scaled to SD in order to meet the NTSC 480i analog TV standard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts