Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
* Chicago Market

(launch area may not be entire market, but where advance bandwidth can be accommodated)

* Comcast

* SHOWTIME - Ch. 185

* HBO - Ch. 186

* WLS-TV (7) ABC - Ch. 187

* WMAQ-TV (5) NBC - Ch. 188

* WBBM-TV (2) CBS - Ch. 189

* WFLD-TV (32) FOX - Ch. 190

* ~ May 15, 2003

* ~$5 per month per DCT5100 in addition to Digital Cable service rate

* 6 and 12 foot component video and L&R audio jumpers will be supplied

* Motorola DCT-5100 , types 1000 - 1004

(component output only, no DVI until later in 2003)

* I am not sure on 8VSB

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike,

I received it from the company and it is credible. As I can post more information and how to get the service, I will do so. Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
729 Posts
No WTTW or WGN? They each carry a fair amount of HD, and hopefully WGN will start doing Cubs and/or Sox games in HD this year or next.

How about HBO West and Showtime West in HD? I believe that Time Warner in Houston carries those two stations.

And does the box have an antenna input? I'm guessing it doesn't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dan,

I would assume that more channels will be added to the HD lineup as carriage agreements are reached with the programmers.

An RF bypass switch is an option on the DCT5100, however, I do not believe my DCT5100 has the option. I will verify and update post this weekend.

Jim

·
Registered
716 Posts
Are you sure Comcast will do WBBM/CBS? Comcast Boston does not carry the CBS affilate in Boston. It is a CBS O&O too. We do have PBS,ABC,NBC,HBO-HD and Showtime-HD as of 4/11 in BOston area on Comcast using Moto 5100 box.

·
Registered
807 Posts
WBBM\\CBS is already part of the package. It is on the Beta Test currently going on here.

The Masters looked incredible, yesterday, in HD. I think I'm going to plant azaleas in my back yard.

Mike K.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just wanted to post my experience with Comcast. I received a call a couple of weeks ago to participate in the test HDTV program. They couldn't give me an install date at that time but said to call back in a day or two and they could schedule an appointment. Well of course I did and they said to call back again in a couple of more days. I left for vacation with the family last week and called them this moring when I got back in town. Guess what. The program is now closed they told me. No HDTV for you. The person I talked to did tell me the test program is ending around May 15th as mentioned above and those of us who were contacted but not installed would be the first to get installation once they roll out service which would be around the 15th. I asked if this was a definite date and she said yes. Right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Comcast HDTV is not ready to be released if my experience is any measure. I am in the Romeoville market and just became a HD tester last weekend. I don't have the premium channels but the network's HD signal are only 50% available. CBS and ABS are viewable 80% of the time. But NBC and FOX are usually just a pixellated mess. If Comcast thinks anyone would pay extra for this level of service they are kidding themselves.

joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.