AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and am searching for a new HDTV. I'm in New York City with Time Warner Digital Cable. I notice that Channels 701-703 are labelled HBO HD, WCBS HD, and SHO HD respectively. They are blank on my non HD tv.

Are these HD digital channels currently available. If so, what kind of HDTV and converters do I require to see them.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Will

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Welcome to the forums. You need a 2000HD cable converter instead of the Scientific Atlanta 2000. Call Bob Watson's office at 212 598 7363 to be put on the list. You'll also need any HDTV or HD-ready TV (see threads on these forums and these guides . Three component cables from the 2000HD connect to your HD set. (A 5-cable RGBHV hookup from the 2000HD is also possible for certain sets.) You can also view WCBS-DT from a direct cable hookup (no 2000 or 2000HD needed) using any HDTV tuner/decoder designed for OTA/satellite signals.

Those three channels are better than nothing, but #@*@ demented terrorists, besides killing thousands, also destroyed OTA sources used by Time Warner for PBS, NBC, and ABC. Non-HDTV Fox (DTV) also was available for a while. Suspect TWC could restore these channels via fiber optics/cable from studio sources (like their NTSC signals), but so far they haven't. Last I heard, RCN was still in the "what's-HDTV-mode." -- John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.