AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your TV flicker when you change from non-HDTV channel to HDTV channel (and vise versa)? I notice this more through component connection then DVI.

I don't have problem when changing from non-HDTV channel to non-HDTV channel or HDTV channel to HDTV channel.

I have Comcast HDTV Tuner and GWIII 50".

· Premium Member
48,895 Posts
No it doesn't.

· Registered
250 Posts
It did. I then switched my HD receiver so that it always outputted 1080i and no more flickering.

· Registered
5,307 Posts
What Richard said,

If the box is set to output native incoming scanrates, the tv will flicker briefly when switching from one channel to another with different scanrates as it adapts to the new scanrate. The GWIII has a native scanrate of 720p or very close to it, and converts all incoming signals to that scanrate. When the incoming scanrate changes it takes a split second or so to change from one conversion mode to another.

Setting the box to do the conversion and output everything at the same scanrate will stop the flickering.

· Registered
5,307 Posts
Click on The Official AVS HDTV Forum STB Synopsis thread a bit nearer the top of the page. Quite a ways down the first page are links to the manuals for the Motorola boxes. Not only tells you how to use the various output scanrate modes but also the stretch/zoom features.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.