AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if HDTV programming will be available soon over cable or dish? I live in the East Bay of S.F. and OTA reception is not exactly the best.

I understand that HD cable service is available in the east. Is this true? Is it on its way here?

I know that DirecTv offers a pay-per-view, an HBO, and a Showtime channel, but why not provide local networks in HD as they already provide these networks? Anybody know anything of this?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I have HD via Time Warner Cable in Houston, TX. 8 stations

------------------
ADebars>
Mitsubishi WT-46807 Widescreen HDTVs>
JVC XV-S65 Progressive Scan DVD Players>
General Instruments HDD-200 HDTV Decoders>
Time Warner - Houston HD Services>
DVD Profilers>

Danger! Danger! Danger!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nickd61:

I know that DirecTv offers a pay-per-view, an HBO, and a Showtime channel, but why not provide local networks in HD as they already provide these networks? Anybody know anything of this?

Thanks in advance,

Nick[/b]
Actually Nick,

Your talking about Dish Network, as DirecTV only offers HBO and a PPV station in HD.

Dish is also going to provide CBS in HD in the near future.

------------------

Jarred
http://www.jarredinthehouse.com

·
Registered
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nickd61:

Thanks in advance,

Nick[/b]
Actually Nick,

Your talking about Dish Network, as DirecTV only offers HBO and a PPV station in HD.

Dish is also going to provide CBS in HD in the near future. Also, I just moved from Pleasanton, and was able to receive all the digital broadcasts from S.F. with just a small rooftop antenna.

In Stockton, I had to upgrade a bit to a bigger antenna, but I'm still able to receive all the S.F. stations over my rooftop antenna.

------------------

Jarred
http://www.jarredinthehouse.com

·
Registered
760 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tooniverse:
Does anyone know if the CBS HD will include The Late Show with David Letterman? That's pretty much the only show I watch on CBS. Having CBS in HD wouldn't have been my first choice, I would much rather watch FOX in HD! (The Simpsons, Futurama, X-Files, et cetera)

FOX does not broadcast any HDTV. FOX does broadcast some 16:9 widescreen SDTV.

------------------

Hot

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
No, CBS does not offer Letterman in HDTV. This is due to having revamped the Ed Sullivan Theater a few years ago with equipment that is not HD compatible.

It will happen, but not in the near future, according to CBS officials.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

·
Registered
284 Posts
Does anyone know if the CBS HD will include The Late Show with David Letterman? That's pretty much the only show I watch on CBS. Having CBS in HD wouldn't have been my first choice, I would much rather watch FOX in HD! (The Simpsons, Futurama, X-Files, et cetera)

------------------

My current entertainment setup:

Panasonic 27" TV, Toshiba SD-3109 DVD Player (connected via S-Video), Aiwa Dolby Pro Logic Mini-Surround System, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PlayStation 2...(and more to come!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.