AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I am not in the market for a new HDTV I enjoy looking at the latest models. I noticed that the Sony GWIII had an integrated ATSC tuner this year, and was pleased to see that it had a Firewire interface(i.Link).

I also noticed the new Panasonic that also had an ATSC tuner and CableCard which is exciting. But no Firewire? This really threw me, it makes no sense why they wouldn't have it. I have always assumed that the reason TV's didn't have firewire was because they didn't have MPEG decoders built in. But here we have a TV with an MPEG decoder and no firewire. Now I have not seen this TV in person, I have just read the details on the website.

I would like to start this thread as a place to go to quickly see what NEW(2004) model TV's with built in ATSC tuners have firewire and while we are at it which ones have support Cable card. So here goes.

Mitsubishi

All CRT RPTV's except Silver Series have both ATSC and Firewire, but no CableCard.

Sony

All HDTV's with integrated ATSC tuners have i.Link, no CableCard.

Panasonic

HDTV's with integrated ATSC tuners, CableCard, but no Firewire.

Correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by dt_dc
RCA showed DLPs at CES with CableCard and Firewire.

They have the DVR10 to offer along with their TVs ...
Are any of these TV's availible yet?

I know there were alot of great things at CES, it is always fun to be able to see them without flying to Vegas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.