AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a product on hdtvsupply.com for $249, a decent price. I was about to purchase on Friday when I caved to the "Make an offer on any product" banner on their site. Figuring I had nothing to lose I made an offer of $229. I received an email stating they had to check stock and would get back to me.

Today I received this:

"I was able to verify this unit is in stock, however the price on our website is incorrect and we will be raising it today. So we can not accept any offer on this unit."

The website now lists the product at $299.

Response:

I would have purchased the item on Friday at the listed price of $249 but your site banner says "Make an offer on any product" so I figured why not! Now you're saying not only do we reject your offer but we're going to raise the price $50? Doesn't that seem a bit uncool?

"I am very site for the incorrect price on our site. At either price I could not have sold this unit to you."

Response:

So you're saying that if I had purchased the item on Friday at the listed price you would have refused to honor that price and cancelled my order??

Never heard back.

I realize I hadn't actually purchased the item but is it naive to expect them to at least honor the price as of the time I made the offer? Seems pretty stupid to piss off a new customer but what do I know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saw a product on hdtvsupply.com for $249, a decent price. I was about to purchase on Friday when I caved to the "Make an offer on any product" banner on their site. Figuring I had nothing to lose I made an offer of $229. I received an email stating they had to check stock and would get back to me.

Today I received this:

"I was able to verify this unit is in stock, however the price on our website is incorrect and we will be raising it today. So we can not accept any offer on this unit."

The website now lists the product at $299.

Response:

I would have purchased the item on Friday at the listed price of $249 but your site banner says "Make an offer on any product" so I figured why not! Now you're saying not only do we reject your offer but we're going to raise the price $50? Doesn't that seem a bit uncool?

"I am very site for the incorrect price on our site. At either price I could not have sold this unit to you."

Response:

So you're saying that if I had purchased the item on Friday at the listed price you would have refused to honor that price and cancelled my order??

Never heard back.

I realize I hadn't actually purchased the item but is it naive to expect them to at least honor the price as of the time I made the offer? Seems pretty stupid to piss off a new customer but what do I know.
yup!

So I had one HDMI matrix die. I called in to get a new one and they recommended an 8x8 boxed with 8 hdmi to cat6 converter sets. Nice price, I thought great. But it kept losing connection, snowy screen or black screen, requiring reboots. I emailed in right away, and crotchety old Jim told me to google this and that and asked me a million questions. All I should have needed to say as a customer is that the one I had before worked, and this one ****. But, no he dragged it on and on grumpily. Finally the return period ended! I even offered to buy a waaay more expensive $5000 one, but they refused the return. So, I went on eBay and got the $5000 one for $2800. And guess what, it works great. So now I have an $1800 doorstop. They even fought my credit card company rather than take this piece of junk back. Jim, if you don't want to deal with reasonable customers, start a business that does not deal with the public.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts