Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help

I am using MYHD to capture OTA digital programs and then using HDTVtoMPEG2 to edit out commercials and convert to MPEG2. I then burn to DVD using MYDVD. Somewhere, I am losing the audio by the time it gets to DVD. The PQ on the DVD is outstanding but no audio. I can play the MPEG file in Media Player and get audio but no video so I know the audio is still there after the .tp conversion to MPEG2. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm running XP and all the newest versions of MYHD, HDTVtoMPEG2, and MYDVD programs. Burning to a Pioneer A04 DVD-R

Any suggestions.........

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Steve-

I am just getting started with DVD creation, and one thing I know is that MyDVD only has PCM or MPEG as its audio choices. MPEG audio is 'optional' in NTSC DVD players, so if you have made this choice in MyDVD, your DVD player may not support it.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I've never created a DVD using MyDVD so I can't say much. I have using other programs though. I use DVD2AVI and get the ac3 stream seperated from the video and then use the dvd authoring program to merge them back in.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I would stay away from MyDVD. I've been recently been compiling some DV stuff, and I have to say, the MyDVD was painful to use. They claim the UI stuff is all fixed, but still....

Check out ULead's DVD studio. I like it much more.

Also, if you have a sony dvd player, with 'tvs' options, disable those. I was converting to dvd mpeg2 using tmpeg, which apparently results in non-standard audio (it's compressed, I think mp3). The Sony had issues with it in TVS mode, but turning that off brough the sound back.

Can you try to play the mpeg in another player than windows media? intervideo windvd is a great player, it can handle most hires streams, if they're coded correctly, I think. If you can, it will help isolate where you lose your audio. Sometimes, I found that my ADTV was recording 'corrupt' streams (even after the uncorruption), where the audio or the video was unrecoverable, and then two hours later it recorded just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.