AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
It does shave some size of the hipix files, but is hardly playable on most pc's when the hdtv format is 1920x1080i due to hardware requirements. The progressive formats seem to work fine though.

One bug has been brought up, since another person (don't remember his name now) created a program that goes the other way. (i.e. DVD Vob's -> Hipix HDTV .ts) Apparently there is some bug in Ben's program that makes it impossible to convert it back to .ts format. You should be able to find it in threads from today/yesterday on the topic, I believe.

-Tom

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I use it mainly to reduce the size of standard definition movies recorded with the HiPix down just a couple of gigs vs >15 gigs since the HiPix records the entire ATSC transport stream. The resulting files play fine with softplayers although seek features don't work very well, probably due to the bug mentioned by Tom. Xmuxer is a similar program.

Gary

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
As Gary says, Standard Definition file and Progressive formats work well in playback. And if you have a fast computer, maybe even 1920x1080i. My P3-800 doesn't do the trick there, though..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.