AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove minor channels on the Zenith HDV420? I receive channels 3-1, 3-2, and 3-3. I want to keep 3-1, but remove 3-2 and 3-3. It appears that I can only remove all or nothing.

-Jim

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Do not know your STB but on my Mit STB HD400..I go into the local channels page and just 'remove' any checked stations I do not want to appear. I would imagine your STB has something similar.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think it may be a limitation of the STB. However, you can add the primary channels to your "Surf" list on the channel menu and then use the Surf button on the remote to cycle past the unwanted sub-channels.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just checked the Channel Edit table on an HDV420 here, and all it saves is the physical channel number - no minor channels are stored from VCT data into memory, unlike the Samsung tuners. So you will be unable to dump any minors you don't want.

Pete KT2B

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I noticed that last Sunday's Circuit City ad had this Zenith HDV420 listed for $399. Best Buy had the Samsung SIR-T151 for $449. That makes the Zenith HDV420 the lowest priced STB available from mass retailers. I am glad to see the competition for STB.

Rick R

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Dewi
...However, you can add the primary channels to your "Surf" list on the channel menu and then use the Surf button on the remote to cycle past the unwanted sub-channels.
Yes, thanks Dewi. That works!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick_R
I noticed that last Sunday's Circuit City ad had this Zenith HDV420 listed for $399. Best Buy had the Samsung SIR-T151 for $449. That makes the Zenith HDV420 the lowest priced STB available from mass retailers. I am glad to see the competition for STB.

Rick R
Rick,

I assume by "mass retailers" you are referring to brick and mortar establishments. If you add online etailers, then the Samsung is selling for a lower price, since the Zenith etailers are mostly priced at MSRP, just like the local stores. Online I've seen the Samsung priced as low as $379, with free shipping.

-Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.