AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys Need Help here! Im confuse between the 2 models HDX BD-1 and Dune Prime 3.0 . I know the major difference is the BD built in to the Prime 3.0 but not to the HDX BD-1. But besides this i want to know which is better to play all .mkv files and other media files. Then will they both come with the Back lite RF remote? Does they have same type of interface like Popcorn Hour. By the way the reason im choosing them is because they both can pass through DTS MA AND dolby HD. So please help me out here thanks.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don't know much about either, have been looking at them both too. I noticed on the HDX forum...there seems to be a WHOLE lot of problems with the BD-1 firmware right now.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Seriously save some cash and look for a used popcorn a110...it does bitstream of both TrueHD and DTS-MA from m2ts files...

·
UHD Addict
39,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcoptic /forum/post/18249813

Seriously save some cash and look for a used popcorn a110...it does bitstream of both TrueHD and DTS-MA from m2ts files...

But can't do BD menus so what is the point?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Depends on the person I guess...I would rather have no menus and just go straight to the movie. Same thing with my DVDrips. The only thing I wish the A-110 had was chapter support. Otherwise its a great piece of hardware.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt /forum/post/18251684

But can't do BD menus so what is the point?

Aaron,

If I rip to BD ISO using Clown lets say, does the C200 support chapters then?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well I am ready to throw away the BD-1, does nothing, unless you install a hard drive in it. Not usable for SMB raid servers. I also have both Dune models and the base works great, but no cover art. The C-200 Popcorn works great also and you can use a load of cover art. Hope this helps, avoid the BD1.

·
Registered
139 Posts
There are some applications on the horizon that will show cover art. HDI has also made updates to the firmware to allow customization of the UI on the Dune players.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts