Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HDX BONE HARDWARE SPECIFICATION

More Informaton on Site...

http://mediaplayerworld.com/Forum/index.php?topic=183.0

Chipset:

32 Bits ARM1176JZ(F)-S RISC CPU Core

Onboard Video accelerator

Case:

Ultra small footprint, easily fit into your pocket.

2mm 100% aluminum for excellent passive cooling

Easy 2.5 hard drive installation

Audio/Video Outputs:

HDMI v1.3a supports deep color and true HD audio enjoyment

Composite Video

Stereo Analog Audio

SPDIF Coaxial Digital Audio (via 3.5mm jack)

Interface:

1x SATA (occupied by HDD tray)

USB2.0 High Speed External Interface

USB2.0 High Speed OTG

2.5" SATA HDD tray (portable harddisk enclosure)

Network:

100M LAN adapter

Samba/NFS Client

Power:

Input 100~240V AC, 50~60 Hz,

Output: DC 5V max 2A

0.5 W (no device connected)

maximum power consumption: 5 W

Footprint:

Width x Depth x Height : 132mm x85.6mm x17mm (large 20.9mm)

VIDEO:

MP4, MOV, AVI, DVD (VOB - IFO - ISO), ASF, WMV, MKV, RM, RMVB, TS,

DAT, MPG, MPEG-2 HD, AVCD, VC-1

AUDIO:

MPEG-1 Layer 3, WMA, WMA Pro, MPEG-1/2 Layer 1/2, ADPCM, AAC, OGG

Vorbis, Dolby Digital AC3, Dolby Digital Plus, RA, FLAC, APE

PHOTO:

JPEG, BMP, PNG

Subtitles:

PGS,SubRipper, MicrooDVD, SAMI, SubStation Alpha, Advance Substation,

DVD Subtitle,

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm not sure anybody would know this right now, but does it do BD-ISO's with full menu support? If so I am there, especially for the price. I see it supports HD audio.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Well looks HDX new Portable player has gone up for pre-order the players will Ship from April 30th,This player has some Potential using the new Arm Chipset,we are interested to find out more about Networking and Audio Pass through on this little player,More soon,bd iso erm we will see.

http://www.hdx1080.com/products

Talas

·
Registered
249 Posts
Expensive perhaps for something that doesn't decode DTS?

Not sure what dwisniski is referring to but I can't see anything above DD+ in those specs..

The most exciting thing about the Bone is that it is rumoured to be able to run Google Android. So potentially giving you the Chrome browser and many other apps.

·
Registered
500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iboum /forum/post/18414974

Not sure what dwisniski is referring to but I can't see anything above DD+ in those specs..

The most exciting thing about the Bone is that it is rumoured to be able to run Google Android. So potentially giving you the Chrome browser and many other apps.
http://www.hdx1080.com/component/con...ays-everything

You're right, it was late last night, I didn't see the "audio downmix" part for Dolby TruHD and DTS-HD MA. My apologies

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by iboum /forum/post/18414974

It will Run Android

Talas

·
Registered
19 Posts
Getting close to release time for this one, are there any hands on reviews out there yet? Did a search before but didn't find a whole lot of info on it. Would really like to find out some more about this.

Waiting for this and the Popbox are the only thing keeping me from buying a WD TV Live right now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks talas. Do you have any actual hands on time with one yet? The interface is a big uglier than I hoped for. Expected something more. Do you have any idea if it will support custom firmware/UI, YAMJ, whatever? I figure with Android the potential should be there.

I've never used an Android system before (except for playing with a Droid for a few minutes at the Verizon store), will Opera mini (or any other browser it can run) be able to access sites like Hulu?

·
Registered
249 Posts
If anyone has any specific questions about the Bone then I have one here and can investigate for you.

You can also buy one here: http://www.futeko.com/products/MP00014.php .

Shipping commences this Friday or possibly earlier.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
This seems like a very interesting media player.

I have some observations on which I would like to have some feedback (from users who already have this unit):

1. If I infer correctly, this is a dual boot system, with Android being one boot option. Is it possible to play back media (i.e, take advantage of the on-chip video decode accelerator) when one boots into Android?

2. Some reports on the web suggest that this unit uses the same chip as present in the Oppo BDP-83 ; This would mean that it is the Mediatek MT 8520 inside. Has anyone opened this unit to confirm that the chip inside is indeed MT 8520?

3. LG-BD390 (often regarded by many users are the best media streamer / Blu Ray player combo) also uses the MT 8520. However, the LG unit doesn't support the RMVB codec as far as I know (I also know they don't support MP4 container, but that is just a firmware issue, and not a restriction of the underlying hardware). My question is: Is the RMVB support of the HDX-Bone (supposedly based on MT 8520) dependent on decode in software on the ARM11, or does the MT8520 have onboard RMVB acceleration, and it is just that the LG unit decided not to take advantage of it?

Reliable information from fellow users would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
278 Posts
Is it true that subtitles are default to on without the option to default them to off?

So every time I want to watch a video I will need to turn subtitles off within the video?

·
Registered
249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakmal /forum/post/18565583

This seems like a very interesting media player.

I have some observations on which I would like to have some feedback (from users who already have this unit):

1. If I infer correctly, this is a dual boot system, with Android being one boot option. Is it possible to play back media (i.e, take advantage of the on-chip video decode accelerator) when one boots into Android?

2. Some reports on the web suggest that this unit uses the same chip as present in the Oppo BDP-83 ; This would mean that it is the Mediatek MT 8520 inside. Has anyone opened this unit to confirm that the chip inside is indeed MT 8520?

3. LG-BD390 (often regarded by many users are the best media streamer / Blu Ray player combo) also uses the MT 8520. However, the LG unit doesn't support the RMVB codec as far as I know (I also know they don't support MP4 container, but that is just a firmware issue, and not a restriction of the underlying hardware). My question is: Is the RMVB support of the HDX-Bone (supposedly based on MT 8520) dependent on decode in software on the ARM11, or does the MT8520 have onboard RMVB acceleration, and it is just that the LG unit decided not to take advantage of it?

Reliable information from fellow users would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

Using the Android installation as supplied the answer is no.

2+3.

The chip is a Telechips TCC8900 (ARM1176JZ(F)-S core).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraZtiK /forum/post/18566320

Is it true that subtitles are default to on without the option to default them to off?

So every time I want to watch a video I will need to turn subtitles off within the video?

Yes. Although the remote has a dedicated subtitle button which you hit once to turn subs off. I am sure an option to turn subs off by default could be added to a future firmware.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
@iboum, Thanks a lot for the picture!

I have already seen the Telechips TC8900 in a Shanzai PMP (Chuwi P7).

I even tested that out on my side, and I found that it had a serious issue with playing back 1080p videos over HDMI.. The decoding was perfect (even for the infamous bird scene with 16 reframes), and display on the 800x480 screen was great too. Connecting over HDMI and choosing 720p resulted in no issues, but once I set the output to 1080p, there were jitters all over the place (it looked like it was dropping some frames once in a while...) ;

Are we sure enough that this chipset is able to drive 1080p properly over HDMI? (Btw, the HDMI output on the TCC8900 in Chuwi P7 wasn't able to talk to my Onkyo receiver either, so I had to hook it up directly over to the TV). The issue I saw in Chuwi P7 was that this happened for any 1080p video, not just the complicated encodes. Hopefully, some sort of internal clock inside this is overdriven compared to the PMP chipset to prevent this issue....

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iboum /forum/post/18545490

If anyone has any specific questions about the Bone then I have one here and can investigate for you.

Does it support idx/sub subtitles?

philip

·
Registered
249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakmal /forum/post/18583420

@iboum, Thanks a lot for the picture!

I have already seen the Telechips TC8900 in a Shanzai PMP (Chuwi P7).

I even tested that out on my side, and I found that it had a serious issue with playing back 1080p videos over HDMI.. The decoding was perfect (even for the infamous bird scene with 16 reframes), and display on the 800x480 screen was great too. Connecting over HDMI and choosing 720p resulted in no issues, but once I set the output to 1080p, there were jitters all over the place (it looked like it was dropping some frames once in a while...) ;

Are we sure enough that this chipset is able to drive 1080p properly over HDMI? (Btw, the HDMI output on the TCC8900 in Chuwi P7 wasn't able to talk to my Onkyo receiver either, so I had to hook it up directly over to the TV). The issue I saw in Chuwi P7 was that this happened for any 1080p video, not just the complicated encodes. Hopefully, some sort of internal clock inside this is overdriven compared to the PMP chipset to prevent this issue....

I only have a 720p TV here so can't really test this. All I can say is that I've tested the Bone on a wide variety of 1080p content and see no juddering.

I've had no problems with the Bone talking to a Denon AVR 1610 amp. Everything works correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskro /forum/post/18584359

i too would like to know if it will bitstream DTS-HD MA 7.1 audio!

anyone knows?

thanx

No, it won't bitstream DTS-HD MA but it will pass the DTS core. It won't bitstream TrueHD either, but it will pass AC3.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Telechips TC8900 Has had some Modifications to it and Current the Next Batch of players will ship from 15 may..Also Android 2.1 will be added soon..

Talas

1 - 20 of 29 Posts