AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering, with the new receivers on the horizon, does the xa2 currently allow you to send bit streams of the new audio formats to these receivers, or will this be a firmware update later on? Just curious.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that with the True HD tracks and DD+ tracks already on the disc, it would be up to the player to send those tracks to the receiver to be decoded instead of being decoded and sent as PCM to the receiver. This is a player issue. All the player would have to do is send out the TrueHD track or DD+ track to the receiver for it to decode.

That is one of the benefits of HDMI 1.3. The HDDVD player would no longer have to decode the audio, and the receiver would do all the work.

Mark

·
Registered
838 Posts
My understanding is that it is a combination of both. The disc needs to be authored in basic mode and the player needs to be able to send the bistream over HDMI.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythmx /forum/post/0

I believe that with the True HD tracks and DD+ tracks already on the disc, it would be up to the player to send those tracks to the receiver to be decoded instead of being decoded and sent as PCM to the receiver. This is a player issue. All the player would have to do is send out the TrueHD track or DD+ track to the receiver for it to decode.

That is one of the benefits of HDMI 1.3. The HDDVD player would no longer have to decode the audio, and the receiver would do all the work.

Mark

There is plenty of threads around here and at the receiver's section about this very topic, and they explain why' you re wrong about this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.