AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, this does not refer to George Chakiris, Omar Sharif, or even Peter Sellers in one of his disguises. Anyway, Omar and George are still alive.

Felafel is a movie by Richard Lowenstein, and the film stars Noah Taylor (The Year My Voice Broke, and recently, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider). The movie is coming out on dvd, but you will not be able to buy it at amazon, tower, etc. At least that is what they claim. You have to join a club,

http://www.filmmovement.com/soon.html

It (the club) has been advertised in the media as a way for busy film fans to collect dvds of independent films. A nice idea, but who among you will join the club? Matt Stevens, are you game? I'm a sucker for anything that is htf or collectible. So, by definition, I will be joining, even though I hate clubs (such as netflix).

Now, the felafel has a very important place in independent film. If you will recall, Parker Posey's eventual boyfriend in Party Girl sold these from a food cart. And we all know Parker is the queen of indie films, next to Mary Woronov.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey folks, Film Movement is the real thing. They just sent me the first movie in my subscription. It's the Spanish film, El Bola, directed by Achero Manas. Watched the first few minutes on a Sony 36" tv and the picture is nice and sharp. Much better looking than at your typical theater. Better than the pq of Y Tu Mama Tambien, and vastly superior to Johnny 100 Pesos. Manas opens with the camera mounted on the front of a rr car. Somewhat similar to the shots in Human Desire and Zentropa, except Manas chose to photograph in daylight.

Independent film lovers: you are going to like the PQ on this disc, as well the extra features. Big studios: take a cue from Larry Meistrich and bring more indie films to the US for dvd distribution. Felafel is coming in January. There is a God or angel in heaven, and he likes good film.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.