Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

do not wish to cause any flames, but my recent PJ provider called and ask if i will consider selling my Runco IDP 980 Ultra for the new VX1000c. he said the picture was nearly as good.

i will like some considered opinion on those who have seen the VX1000c at work and how it compares to their CRT projector,

i am still think CRT are the way to go, but is this one getting close, or are other getting close ???

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Gee, I oughta try that with my customers:

"The projector that I sold you is obsolete. You need to buy a new CRT projector from me NOW."

Translation:

"I've bought a new toy that you need to pay for/business is slow and you have lotsa cash/my drug habit is out of control".

No matter what service/product I got from a supplier, if I ever got a call like that, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth and I would switch suppliers.

My $.02.

Curt

·
Banned
959 Posts
he just wants to swap you the new vx1oooc he bought for himself for your crt because he's dissappointed with the picture. Or not, i could be wrong.

·
Registered
24,883 Posts
jasmine1 ,

I agree with the other comments here (what else:D ). I have a stacked pair of 980 ultras and I saw an optimized vx1000c about one month ago. At a local dealer. This is not even a lateral move. It would not require the maintenance but that's it for advantages . This PJ has less resolution than your 980 ultra and won't do the deep blacks for starters. My question would be even if it were as good why do it, let alone if it isn't ?

Art

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jasmine1
...my recent PJ provider called and ask if i will consider selling my Runco IDP 980 Ultra for the new VX1000c. he said the picture was nearly as good.
I don't get it. Your dealer called and stated that this replacement would indeed be a step backwards in terms of picture quality ("the picture was nearly as good"). Hey, at least they're honest! :)

Your dealer told you it would look worse, so why would they even think you'd consider this switch? Would you be making money off this swap?

If they were looking to scam you, you'd think they would have at least told you that the vx1000c looked miles better then the 980....

Kal

·
Registered
178 Posts
Alternative view: the dealer might be looking for a second CRT for another customer not willing to have the DLP and insisting on a second hand CRT :D

Might explain the motivation, but not an excuse for the call, IMHO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.