AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sennheiser 497 for my computer with an Audigy 2 sound card. What setting should I use for optimal sound quality when using the headphones? What setting should I use for listening to music, watching movies, and playing video games?

Thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
Experiment :) basically, I'd set your sound card out to 'headphone', plug your headphones into the appropriate plug (probably the left/right slot), and then mess with the other effects to see what works with what you listen to.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did set it to headphones and it sounds terrible compared to keeping it at 5.1 sound.

I read some where in a different forum that it is only advisable to use the headphones setting when playing games. Why would I want to use this setting when it doesnt sound that great during normal usage.

I am no audio expert and so I dont know what I need to listen for when changing from headphone/desktop stereo/5.1 surround sound.

All I know is that headphone setting didnt sound very great. But which setting gives best surround sound effect for movies and games etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.