AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm after recommendations for headphones to be used with an ipod in the gym for running/crosstraining, along with other more static activities (ie weights)

I've gone through 3 sets of PMX70/80s over around 5 years. One was a failure, the other two just got bunged up with sweat (one earpiece much quiter than other), started getting imbalanced both inpressure and audio, though they always fitted well, and I guess £10/year isn't a bad price to pay

The speakers/coils don't look that well built, but I have nothing to compare to

Criteria would include

- Long audio cable so I can have ipod (nano) in pocket whilst running, or plug into gym machine

- Fits stable on ear

- light

- decent audio quality (but not top notch, unnecessary)

- ideally cuts down some external noise

- doesn't cause too much rubbing

I have tried in-ear before. Specifically some very sticky (ribbed in-ear bits) noise reducing ones stay in fairly well but get itchy after a while - and slip more when sweaty

I'm inclined to order another set of PMX-80s and just accept that in this environment 2 years is decent going.

Any specific recommendations worth checking out as alternatives?

Thanks

Nigel.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I wear a pair of Shure 110 everyday to the gym. I like them because they shut out all the bad music that is blaring over the PA and grunting of the Muscle heads. They sound great also and I sweat like no one else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts