AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved my first pair of >$100 cans yesterday. They are HD 598 Sennheiser and I really like them so far. They don't get super loud when using my phone but the sound is not as deep/dark as when I use my AVR Yamaha RX-V773. I can't figure out how to adjust the eq or if I can even adjust it on my AVR for the headphones. If it is not possible to is the 9 band I found on Amazon a decent route to go? Thanks for any info.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000M...&dpID=41XWWBbOIUL&ref=plSrch&pi=AC_SY200_QL40

·
Registered
23 Posts
What source you use to hook up to AVR. I have both headphone amp and AVR. When I hook it up to all 3 of them, they all sound really different. I prefer Portable DAC. with the price of 9 band you can get a Fiio USB DAC. it can serve multiple purpose.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly from computer like itunes or Amazon. Some streaming from pandora. Soon I will hook up my dads turn table and get his record collection when I get a chance to pick it all up. I was unsure if the seperate amp/dac were the way to go but I might give it a try.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believed the Fiio DAC model is based on chips and function. There is plenty of dac maker out there. Fiio is consider budget and get the job done. Head over to head fi. They have a lot of info on dac. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts